Monday, July 26, 2010

Find your passion, realize your dream

I simply love dancing. When I was a child, every time I hear upbeat music, I would turn the rhythm into a dance and feel absolutely wonderful! In high school, I loved going to parties and discos, and danced until midnight (my mom would fetch me so I could go home safely. Did I feel like Cinderella!). The audio speaker was my favorite partner because it didn’t get tired. I also remember joining dance competitions and programs with friends to showcase our talents.


Exercising, a close cousin of dancing, is another natural drug for me. When I enrolled in a basic fitness class, I loved preparing for my workout. I enjoyed choosing the best steps and weaving them together. After creating my routine, I would give it to our class and get the chills thinking nobody would like it, but still, I got thrilled sharing my craft! I loved learning new things about fitness and culling the best ideas from other fitness professionals.

As I watched the movie Streetdance 3D, I recalled how dancing used to lift me up (and how lovely London is)!

Scenes from Streetdance 3D near the Tower Bridge in London

Streetdance 3D, may be a flop for certain people! I agree that there were dull moments due to some poor acting and lack of creativity in script and in the storyline. But I’m not surprised. British films often send me to sleep. I can’t even find myself laughing at their cartoons or comedy films. Cultural difference, maybe? Still, I love dancing, and that’s what made me watch (plus the 3D effects of course)! One lesson from the movie which I had to learn myself: Keep reaching for your dream but never stop at where you’re good at!

For a time, I thought my dancing skills and interest in fitness were only good for when I was in high school. I never thought I could make use of my interests and possibly share my skills with others. Because I know my passion, I joined a group where I could exercise (by dancing for example) and learn more how to be fit. I became a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor (To find out about a gentle way to exercise, go to: www.praisemoves.com). For a while, I had to learn to find another angle to my passion. I had to learn that the only way for me to enjoy life, even until at a ripe age, was to stick to my core gift !

Have you discovered YOUR gift? Click here to know how I discovered mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment