Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Surrounding yourself with empowering people

MD Factory Convention at the SMX Convention Center Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City, March 20 to 21, 2010





Last March 20 - 21, 2010, around 400 to 500 people gathered at the MD Factory Convention held at SMX Convention Center. I was there. I paid Php 1,300 for early registration. Food and drinks were not provided which disappointed me, for a little while, but after the event, I realized I should have paid more considering the quality of speakers who presented. To name a few, there was Rex Mendoza, Senior VP and Head of Corporate Marketing and Sales Group of Ayala Land Inc. and Executive VP and Head of Marketing and Sales of Community Innovations Inc. among others, and the system builder and head coach of International Marketing Group (IMG) Xuan Nguyen, who manages a team of sales associates located throughout North America and Asia, including the Philippines (for a complete profile, see www.wfg-nguyen.com).





The MD Factory Convention is about getting involved in the people industry: learning how to motivate oneself to leadership, exploring a simple, clear, fast and doable system, and building a new financial industry. Held over two days, MD Factory is a training ground that is run by and for leaders, whether currently holding a position or just aspiring to be in a higher position. It is about looking into the future of finance - how it will develop and flourish with the opportunities available now in the ever changing world. It is about financial independence.

Current Marketing Directors (MD) and trainers came together to provide insights and inspiration. Words of affirmation overflowed the room. Some of them, I quote:

“The best product in IMG is YOU.”

“Building a big business is having your own reason why you do it... What would really drive you into doing more? Find a reason to win. If you do, nothing can stop you.”

“Three years ago, just like you, I’m seated right there (at the audience seat). I didn’t see myself being big in IMG. But somebody believed in me, that’s why I just returned the favor to my people. I gave them the belief that they too will be big.”

“The good thing about this business is that the more you share, the more you receive.”

“Be a good leader to your people… Give everybody the chance to become big.”

“Leadership emanates from you. You don’t need anyone to tell you you’re a leader before you become one. You even ought to be a leader before they formalize it! From the looks of it, I believe you’re willing to make that small difference because you look like you’re real leaders this afternoon (considering that everyone came to the convention even on a weekend). You all should be!”



“The Warriors” of IMG Wealth Academy. You need to have the heart of a warrior to win the war against poverty.
The event ended with recognition of accomplishments. Trophies and certificates were handed out while words of encouragement were delivered by the recipients.

Being surrounded by empowering people is an overwhelming experience! I came out of the convention feeling good about myself. I found hope for a brighter future for me and my family. I found security in the midst of a world I don’t believe in too much. It may be too good to be true, but I finally found a place where people really know how to build people.

In his book, “The five languages of love”, Dr. Gary Chapman writes, “What I say and the way I say it will influence the climate of my relationship. Words of affirmation enhance relationships. Harsh, condemning words destroy relationship...” In the convention, words of affirmation indeed made a role in building people.

Did you know that words of affirmation have great impact on your health too? I’ll talk to you about it on my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment